Monday, August 31, 2009

Of Waste, Sewage and Disposal

So, I did it. I emptied our "black water" tank for the first time today. (This post was originally going to be titled "Taking a Dump", but I thought it was just a little too crass.......)

It seems the Town of Amherst, in its infinite wisdom, wants RV'ers and campers to dispose of their waste properly, so the waste treatment plant is open for free dumping Monday through Friday from 7am to 3pm. Apparently, many towns offer the same service (what's 30 gallons of waste in a million-gallon stream, anyway?), so I donned my latex gloves, hooked up the hose, happily discharged our tank into the friendly little concrete hole in the ground, and drove away many pounds (and gallons) lighter.

Oh, what a relief it is!

---Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment